Baking An Apple Pie | Recipe

As I didn't feel too well since yesterday, I had an appointment with my GP and she tested everything she could and couldn't really find the reason for my sore stomach. But she suggested that I could have too much of stomach acids and I now need to get myself some pills to make my stomach happy again. So, relieved that it is nothing bad, I decided to bake something nice for me and Eryk.
I found a polish apple crumble pie recipe in my recipe book and thought that it was about time to try it out.
So I did. And here's how:

Ingredients:
- two small drinking glasses full of plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 small drinking glass of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of double cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 big cooking apples
- 4 additional tablespoons of sugar
- cinnamon
- about 100 g of butter (can be even more)

Steps:
1) Sift the flour and baking powder into a big bowl.
2) Add the glass of sugar, double cream, butter and yolks.
3) "Cut" the butter and rest and use your hands to mix everything together very quickly and to form a ball out of the dough.
4) Then wrap it up into transparent foil and place in the fridge for a while, to let it cool down.

5) In the meanwhile grate the apples, butter the baking tin and sprinkle a bit of flour on top.


6) Take the dough out of the fridge and take 3/4 of it off the ball.
7) Stick a layer of it on the bottom of the tin and put the grated apples on top.

8) Add the 4 tablespoons of sugar and some cinnamon on top.


9) Use the rest of the dough to create crumbs with your hands and place them on top of the apples.
10) Put the pie into the oven for 50 minutes and bake at 200 degrees Celsius. ( My pie was done after about 35 minutes so better watch it before it burns!)


And I have to say that this was my first attempt of baking it and it is really delicious!
Also, enjoy it hot and add some vanilla ice if you want!

Hope you'll try out this recipe sometime, I really recommend it!

-Olivia

~20.11.2014~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review