Chocolate Cake And Muffins | Recipe

I was browsing the Internet for some new dinner ideas and found this cake recipe by accident - it was not supposed to be dinner!

Since I had all the needed ingredients at home, I decided that I could have a try. So I did and here's the recipe, should you want to try it too!



INGREDIENTS:

-3 cups of plain flour
-1 cup of oil
-1 cup of milk
-3 eggs
-3 full tablespoons of cocoa ( I went for pure cocoa powder, so my cake is a bit more bitter than it would turn out if I used sweet cocoa- I guess you can choose whatever you like more.)
- half of a jar of your favourite jam ( I've used apricot jam, but I can't really tell it is in the cake)
-2 teaspoons of soda
- I also added 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar

You can make a chocolate icing too, but I didn't have it at home, so I didn't do it.

STEPS:

1) Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2) Mix the eggs and sugar until you get a smooth texture.
3) Then, add the liquids - the milk, oil and the jam. Mix well again.
4) Then you need to add the flour slowly, mixing the dough all the time. Also add the soda and cocoa!
5) Make sure you grease your tin with butter and I also sprinkled semolina over it before I put the dough in.
6) Bake for about 50-60 minutes.
7) As mentioned before, you can add chocolate icing, or icing sugar if you like, to make it look prettier and make it even tastier!


Since I had a lot of dough, I had to make 5 muffins too. You can tell that the cake turned out GIANT!



So, this was my baking part of the day. I am waiting for a delivery- not for me though, but for Eryk, and I really hope that it will arrive soon because I need to get something from the shop to cook dinner.

-Olivia

~14.04.2015~


Comments

  1. That looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe! X
    theenglishrosegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review