Study & Exam Tips

As you all know I started studying in Vienna last autumn and now that I've passed all my exams up til now, I thought I could give you a few quick tips how to succeed in school and at uni.

I have always been the language-person, so apart from that, I don't really know much because most of the stuff I only learned by heart for the exams. Well, there are obviously topics that I'm very interested in too, so don't worry.


My first tip when it comes to studying and exams is being organised. There is no worse thing than waking up and realising it's the day of your exam and you totally forgot about it.
For this reason I recommend having an agenda and just taking every single piece of information down. Just to be safe. During the semester I even wrote down every single lecture I had on which day, because I wouldn't remember. Now that I have a break, I don't have much in my calender, but it will fill up again soon.

When you start revision, make sure you plan how much you're gonna try to learn each day up to the exam. You need to know how long it will approximately take you until you're completely confident and then just plan ahead. Try to keep your "deadlines", and don't try to learn the whole semester in 3 days before the exam- this won't help anymore.
Also, I never thought I'd be able to study at night back when I was in school. I could only study up til 9 pm and that was it. But now things have changed a lot,so I'm actually studying from 8 pm until two or three in the morning, due to the fact that I can sleep in longer now.

Keep your notes neat, don't scribble something down very quickly, only to realise a few hours later that you can't even read your own hand writing.
I, for example, was taking as many notes as I could during lectures and would rewrite them at home again to make them look prettier and more organised so that I could find specific information more quickly.
Also, if you have to get books, create a space for all your study stuff, don't scatter everything across your whole room ( You can tell by now that to me organisation is the most important tip)

If you are a person who gets distracted easily, find a quiet spot, declutter your working space, keep everything around you tidy, so you don't have to suddenly tidy up the room because you need to find something important.
If you are a person that can't stay in total silence for a few hours in a row ( like me), then play some quiet music, take breaks when you feel like you can't do this anymore. But- stay disciplined. Make sure to come back and actually learn the rest! :D

What I also need before I decide to revise is all my study essentials just next to me so I can reach them whenever I need them.
A few of them are for example: something to drink, a sweet snack ( or many- depending on how depressed you are), my glasses, cosy clothes and a blanket to keep me warm. I also study in my bed where it's generally comfy and warm, I feel like this relieves my stress and anger a bit and makes studying a lot more acceptable.

If you learn something you're interested in, it'll be a lot easier for you to accept the fact that you need to know this stuff by a certain date, which is why I chose to study language science. It is hard at times, but it's definitely something I enjoy doing a lot more than maths or physics. Trust me.
Choose the studies you feel like they suit your personality. It will make life easier for you.

That's all I can really say. Organisation is key. If you have no plan where to start, what to do, how to do it- then it will only make you even more depressed and things will take you so much longer to get done. Stress makes everything worse. Stay calm and you will get it done!

Hope this helps a little bit. :)
Have a nice Sunday afternoon!


-Olivia

~07.02.2015~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Review

Christmas Wishlist In October?!

Ziaja Body Lotion Review